Well I guess it's about time for an update, yes? Ok. Let's see, where to start...
I got to Virginia July 1st at about 5pm (2 hours after I was supposed to get in cuz the flight from Denver to Dulles got delayed at take-off). I was greeted by Karen and baby Reid at the airport and we made it home in about 2-2 1/2 hours. Traffic out here can get pretty gnarly.
When we got home, little Jack was so excited to see me. I'm told he is usually very shy at first (even with the grandparents), but I guess I'm just an exception. I asked him for a hug when I came in and he obliged. He likes spending time with me in the basement, racing Batman as I send it flying across the room and checking out the pictures on my computer. Last night we watched a little of Fantasia on my computer, too. He's full of energy and tons of fun!
Reid, of course, enjoys the typical baby activites: eat, sleep, poop, cry, repeat. He's a little cutie!
Bubba, the dog, spent the night in my room last night and decided he had to go out at 2 in the morning, lol. He's a friendly bulldog and quite a little chunk.
Karen and Jeremy have been so kind and helpful, helping me feel right at home. They're both about as softspoken as I am, and just all-around lovely people. Their home is very nice and my accomodations are just fine :)
I'm scheduled to work Mon-Fri 7am-6pm, with just Reid Mon, Wed, Fri and Jack too on Tues/Thurs. The rest of the time Jack is at an "early learning center of excellence," Creme de la Creme, across the street. I went inside it yesterday and that place is amazing! So cool, Karen and I both want to enroll lol! Right now I'm just getting adjusted and all that jazz, I don't offically start working until Monday and Karen will be here until about August. Then it'll be up to me to look after the kids during the day.
Well, I guess I better head out now. Karen, Reid and I are going to go run an errand or two. I'm going to try to get the internet thing figured out so I can hopefully just use my computer downstairs instead of using theirs. It's a little slower than I'm used to, and it'd be more convenient to use mine anyway. Until then, I probably won't be updating all too often or even just online more than but once a day, if at all.
Alright, take care. Love and miss you all!
xoxo,
Amanda
Friday, July 3, 2009
Posted by a.m.carlson at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment