Monday, July 13, 2009

♫ Saturday is a special day ♫

So I am definitely keeping busy out here!

These are my regular time frames:
Mon-Fri I work 7am-6pm.
Mon @ 7:30pm I go to FHE
Thurs @ 7:30pm I go to Institute
Sun @ 1:00pm I go to church (but I have to leave at 12:30 cuz it takes that long to get there!)
Typically, I go to bed around 10/11pm and wake up by 6am.

My first four weekends out here I have already had stuff to do.

Weekend 1: 4th of July, my first weekend in VA
- Got settled in. Met the Brockmeiers' friends.

Weekend 2: This past weekend
- Uncle Rob and Julie picked me up right after work and I spent the night at their place. They brought me back Saturday in time to go to the DC temple to do baptisms. Then I went to a girl from the branch's house and played Rockband/ hung out with people from the branch.

Weekend 3: This upcoming weekend
- Going to Harper's Ferry for a campout/"super activity" with the branch and then a mult-stake luau Saturday evening.

Weekend 4: Next weekend
- Going to VA Beach with a couple of friends.

Weekend 5:
- I will probably be going to DC with friend(s) or maybe some miniature golf. We'll see; this weekend's plans are still in the works.

So yeah, I've been keeping busy alright. Good thing I have sundays to relax before I have to start another whole week! But it's all good; I'm really enjoying it all! :)
Oh, and fyi: if you look at the post time on this blog and wonder, "But she said she starts work at 7am..." It's because M/W/F it's just baby Reid, currently Karen is still at home, and they're both still asleep right now. I am actually a great employee because I'm always ready at 7, regardless of whether I have some actual work ;)

4 comments:

AnoelleB said...

Just so you know, Matt & I have taken to calling you Manda Poppins.

Glad you're having such a great time and really making the most of the experience! You go girl!!

Beck Bee said...

come to dc... :D

Momma said...

Manda Poppins....lol, lol, that's great. So glad things are going well. And even if they are not awake, there's always work to do. :) Get ahead of the day's work when you can baby. Glad your package got there too. I love you and miss you tons.

burrhaz said...

Sounds like you're having an awesome time. 30 minutes to get to church?! Wow! Is the DC Temple as awesome as everyone says it is?