Monday, August 24, 2009

As per request . . .

'Bout time to update the ol' blog, I suppose. Right? Well, things have definitely started to settle down a bit here. With the summer break coming to a close and everyone returning to school, etc., I have had a little more free time on the weekends. While social activities have slowed, this is the start of my fourth week taking care of the boys on my own, and it's been as wonderful as ever.

Reid just got done with an eating/growing binge last week. I had to break into the frozen store of Mommy-milk a couple times because he was being a little porker! Today he rolled over for the first time, yay! He's grown so much since I first got here; it's going to be crazy when I'm looking at today's pictures a year, even a few months from now.

Jack is a ball of fun! I seriously love kids at his age; they're the best, developing their own little personalities and doing/saying the funniest things. For instance, the other evening at dinner, one of his grapes rolled into his ketchup and Mommy told him to lick it off, to which he replied, "I can't. I'm not a dog!" Haha, I love it. Also, he loves playing Wii Fit. There's this one game where you have to headbutt soccerballs that are being kicked at you and dodge the incoming shoes. Well, he gets a kick (no pun intended) out of that game! He was bursting with laughter when his character would get smacked in the head with a shoe...so funny! Jack also enjoys helping me make dinner on tuesday nights, doing crafts, and learning his letters. And I love that he cuddles up to me whenever we get a chance to sit and watch a show together.

Stay tuned for pics/videos! Hopefully I will get them up sometime this week.

1 comments:

Beck Bee said...

How fun!

So...speaking of social activities...we should meet up. What are you up to this weekend? Call me.