Monday, September 14, 2009

Who said social activities were slowing down? Certainly not me! Ok, I lie. BUT, to come clean now... Will I ever have a free weekend again? lol. This weekend was super long! Good, but nevertheless, long.

Friday I went to Five Guys with a guy from my branch and then to Toys'R'Us, where I ended up buying Beatles Rockband (and got a $20 gift card for buying it!!). Then we came back to my place, set it up and let the good times roll! Another friend from the branch ended up coming over for a bit too, completing our little band. After our guest left, my friend and I watched a little Mystery Science Theater and some other random videos on Youtube, and flipped through my itunes a little.

Saturday I went to VA Beach with some friends. We all piled in my truck; three girl friends in the cab, and three guy friends in the truckbed (it's legal here, we drove to the police station to check AND texted chacha! lol).

[Brian, David (same guy from Fri), Chris]

The guys switched places with the girls in the backseat on the way home. Anyway, it was 3 hrs there, a couple hours of beach time, and a return ride. Oh, did I mention a deer hit us on the way home? Yeah... I think it just clipped the back, but it definitely scared the bejeebies out of me when I saw it coming at us!
When we got back into town, we were gonna go see the movie, Nine, but it was sold out. Instead, everyone came over and we played Beatles Rockband and watched SNL Best of Chris Farley.

Sunday of course I went to church, and afterward I headed up to Bethesda, MD to have dinner with my fellow Fresnoian, Becky, her roomates and friends. We went to the CES Fireside afterward, where I ran into another fellow Fresnoian (is that the right term?), Emily.

So that was my weekend. Staying up, having fun with friends till about 2am fri/sat, not getting home till 10:30pm sunday and having to be ready to work earlier than usual because my hiring dad is gone for the week. Bring on the week!!!

I don't know if I'll ever catch a break. My weekends are filling up. Every week(end) I end up making plans with friends for other weekends. Ohhh man...

For Your Entertainment:
Can you spot the difference(s)?


Oh yeah, and here's a cake I made for Becky's bday a couple weekends ago, in case we had been able to get together. I was already planning to make a cake and decorate it that weekend, so I figured, why not make it a birthday cake for Becky? lol

2 comments:

Jessica Havican said...

I've been wanting to play Beatles Rock band! I'm so jealous!! And I miss the good old days before California passed the law that you couldn't ride in the back of the truck. I loved doing that when I was a kid! And Holy Cow woman, I didn't know you could decorate Cakes. That's really good!

Meredith said...

Oh Amanda! I miss you! You are so funny! haha! That cake looks AMAZING!!!!