I guess I should take my sick days as an opportunity to finally update my blog. After all, it has been what - 3 months (give or take) since I last posted? I think my last post says it all in the first line : Life is busy. Today, however, it's not so busy, since I'm sick and in bed, resting. (Lot of commas in that last sentence...) So here it goes...
As already stated, I am sick. I took yesterday off because I was so achy when I woke up that I could barely move. Even though sick days aren't in my contract, Karen was understanding and let me stay in bed. Who wants a sicko around their kids anyway? Thankfully, my hiring parents had the day off yesterday and today, so there was no need for them to find someone else last minute or take leave. I went upstairs this morning to work, but after an hour I started to feel hot. Upon taking my temperature and finding I had a low-grade fever, Karen decided it would be better if I go lay down. So here I am, in bed, updating my blog.
What else has happened the last 3 months or so?
Nothing too terribly fascinating, I guess. I went home for Christmas. That was nice, but travel was a mess. All the snow we've been getting is not typical, and of course it happens the one winter I'm (the girl with raynaud's) here. Everything has always turned out okay in the end though, so I can't (or shouldn't) really complain. And hey, I got $100 travel voucher for crying on the phone with the lady rebooking my flight for the 3297128th time.
I'd also like to add that all this snow and the way people freak out about getting to the store beforehand, stripping the shelves of their supply, makes me ever so much more aware and thankful for the church's "provident living" and home/food storage.
What else?
I started playing Dungeons & Dragons with a group of friends from church, but decided my time could be better spent. I really just wanted to see what the game was all about, but nooo... they said I had to play. So I did for a few weeks (as a Pixie Barg), but I get it now and I'm done. It's too complicated being a newbie and coming in in the middle of an already existing game, without much explanation from anyone on what the heck I'm doing. Haha, oh well. Fun while it lasted, and I love geeky things/people.
What else?
Boys = emotional turmoil, especially when you have a missionary. 'Nuff said.
What else?
If you're looking for pictures, check out my photos on Facebook. I don't feel like posting the same pics twice+. Oh yeah, and I know I still need to post WDW pics. I have the album already started, I just need to finish it. Sorry it's taking so long!
What else?
I started working out a bit. Building my endurance levels back up. Feels good. Let's see if I can make a 7 min mile like I used to in Jr. High, yeah? Haha, but no I should probably find out what's appropriate for my age and everything.
What else?
Well nothing else comes to mind, so I guess I'll just leave it at that. Hopefully I'll have more exciting things to post once this snow starts disappating for good.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Sick Days
Posted by a.m.carlson at 12:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment