Sunday, November 22, 2009

Man. Life is busy. There really are not enough hours in the day, sometimes. I'm so glad to be busy though. It's fulfilling.

So here's what's been happening lately...

I've been working, like usual. I went to Indiana the first weekend this month with my hiring family to visit some family friends. I had the opportunity to explore Notre Dame a bit. Very cool. I also earned some extra pay for babysitting that weekend. Also cool, lol. Definitely a fun trip, but exhausting.

I'm still social as ever. Oi. That's a job in and of itself, sometimes! lol. But it's ok, cuz I love my friends and I love having things to do, places to go, people to see. ;)

This last week I had a date tuesday night and it was pretty fun. However, because I agreed to that first, I had to pass up the opportunity to ride along as my friend flew his first "cross-country" night flight. Bummer. But it's ok; he said he'll go again sometime and I can come then. I hope I can go next time!

This weekend was as follows:

Friday - I worked and then went to the temple to do baptisms. It was really great. I felt more at peace there than usual. I think it's just a matter of being used to the temple now. Now that I've been to the DC temple a few times, I know the drill and can enjoy the spirit more. So lovely. Anyway, we were there from 7-10ish and then we all kinda branched off to do different things. The group I went with was going to a multi-stake fall festival/dance thingy (lol). But we ended up at the wrong building and by the time we would have gotten to the right one it would have been over. The three of us went to Taco Bell instead. Heh, the two friends I was with, David and Brian, are super funny. Their humor reminds me a lot of Mike and Matt. It's nice to have them around.

Saturday - We went up to the temple again to do a service project. Last year they got to put up all the Christmas lights, but those were already up. Instead, we raked lots and lots and lots and lots of leaves and bagged 'em. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work! A friend picked me up and we fell in a pile of leaves. First time doing that! After the service project we had a tailgate-type lunch, then a bunch of us went and saw New Moon. Good movie. The Volturi are awesome. Oh, and they did a good job with the graphics for the werewolves. After the movie a few of us had dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise then went to a friend's music concert. That was good too, but at this point I was just so incredibly exhausted! Nevertheless, I was boppin' around to the classical music (mostly to stay awake and cuz I was kinda loopy from being so tired). After the concert, Kate (who was in it and is also the R.S. president), informed me that we needed to cover the R.S. lesson for today, so I volunteered. Even though it was already late, I was tired, and now needed to put together a lesson, I went to the store to buy food for the Munch'n'Mingle after church then watched another movie with friends while they made their food for the M'n'M. Garble-de-goop. It was almost 1:30am by the time I got home and then I stayed up till about 3:30, working on the lesson. Looooooooooooooongest day ever! Oh, and while at the store, my ride and new friend (the one that picked me up to fall in the leaves) asked me on a date for tuesday. I'm definitely getting my fill of dates with different guys. Fun times...

Sunday (today) - I woke up earlier than usual cuz I needed to finish preparing to give the lesson in R.S. and I had to make the yams I bought for the Thanksgiving-themed Munch'n'Mingle today. Then off to church, where I was in a strange mood. I think the mood was mostly because of my lack of sleep. It was sooo weird, like I had a hightened sense of the Spirit and was definitely overly emotional. I bawled a bit, giving my lesson in R.S. I felt so stupid cuz I couldn't gain composure at one point, but whatever. It was a strong Spirit and I had no defenses to keep the tears back, due to my lack of sleep. The M'n'M was good, too. Now I'm home and ready to crash!

I can't wait to come home for Christmas...

Oh! And I'm leaving with my hiring family on Friday for DISNEY WORLD!!! I'm so flippin' excited! We're going for a whole week. :) Cannot wait!

Ok, time for sleep now...
Love, love, love,
A.M.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness sake! It was hard to keep up with the story -- can't imagine how you kept up with the whole weekend shabang! You are going to be bored when you come home!!!!
Have a great time in FLA...last time you were there (at Disneyworld) you were only 2 years old. No diapers this time...well, at least not yours.
Can't wait to see you at Christmas.
I love you.
Mom

Jessica Havican said...

DisneyWorld?!! How was it??? you should blog about it. :-)