Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Goals in Motion

So I've made a decision to start training to become a real estate agent. I'm kind of really excited! About 6-8 months and $1200 (total) from now I will be ready to start selling! I know I can do it, and I really think I will enjoy it too. It kinda sounds like a perfect fit and that makes me really happy. :D

Maybe you're asking what led me to real estate in the first place. Well let me tell you how it all happened...

July 31, 2010, while folding paper stars, an idea came to me. This idea is still not fully developed yet, but it could be something really awesome for a lot of people! One of the major components of this idea though involves having the "home" where all the magic will occur. So I started thinking, "How will I acquire the right space?" Well first of all, I will need to know a little something about real estate and secondly I will need the means ($$) of acquiring it. How do I get those things? Hello brilliance! Become a real estate agent.

Next step? Research. I started searching for information and as luck would have it there was a posting about becoming a real estate agent on an online job board. Of course I clicked on it and read it. It led me to Guarantee's site and a link to take a Core Capacities Index test to see if matched up with their top agents. Apparently I do, so they contacted me and had me come in for an interview to see if my personality matched and if they thought it was something I should pursue. They gave me the green light and set me up to be contacted today to start licensing.

Whoa whoa whoa... this is all going a bit fast, no? Everything just falling into place like this? Yeah, it made me a little skeptical too, but it's what I originally decided was the first step in getting to that end goal. Why would I pass this up? No, instead I need to jump on it and thank God. So that's what I'm doing. I'm doing this! I can't help but think that maybe this was all just lined up for me, starting from before any of this real estate business even started. I've got more than enough money saved away to start up, an open schedule to do my training/licensing while still being able to be around for my family...it's just everything...everything is near perfect. I am so happy and so grateful!

So yeah... I'm doing it. And as for that "bigger" goal...I will keep you all posted as the idea unfolds. Like I said, I don't know all the details yet, but I know it will help a lot of people. And Mike, if you read this...think along the lines of your F.A.N. idea. Remember that? It seems like it'll be something like that, but on a larger scale and helping more people by giving them jobs and a place to stay. It's funny cuz overall, right now the idea seems like a little "community." That makes me happy. I'm really excited for the ideas to pan out in my mind and on paper.

I think it's God's hand...He's just giving me the idea a little at a time so I can prepare a step at a time. He knows what I can handle and He's providing me with a great opportunity to help His children. I don't see this all happening before 2012 though, so haha we'll see...

1 comments:

Heidi said...

This entry makes me happy! =)