I realize many of you have already seen the pics I posted on Facebook regarding my trip to New York, but here's some more... (along with some narration) :)
Two weekends ago, I made a 24 hour trip to New York with nine other friends from church. We all met up at the church and headed out about 11:30 pm.
Driving through the night, we arrived at Niagra Falls about 7 am. It was cold, we were tired, but we were all happy to be there and have arrived safely.
After piling out of the two minivans, we made the short walk to the falls.
The first thing we did when we reached the falls was whip out our cameras and take pictures, of course!
The Falls were beautiful...Then we wandered around, enjoying the area and trying to locate a point of entry into Canada, all the while taking silly pictures.
Finally we found an entrance! And those of us with passports crossed over. Sadly, I wasn't one of them (I'm working on it!).
Oh yeah, funny story... Haley got temporarily detained because she was carrying some mace. They asked them all kinds of questions and then finally let 'em go, thankfully! While they were enjoying the Falls from the Canadian side and busy being detained, the rest of us headed back toward the cars for some breakfast.
After breakfast, we packed up and headed for our next stop, Palmyra!
We saw a clown on our way. Merely a reflection of ourselves...
Ok we're here. Now what? Act silly? Wait, no... this is a spiritual place.
Well I guess we should head over to one of those buildings... but first, group shot!
First stop on the tour: Joseph Smith's log home.
Then another short walk to the Sacred Grove... This entire Farm is so beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous fall day! You can obviously see how bright the sky was, blue as can be, complete with billowy, white clouds. All this light made everything glow, enhancing the already vivacious colors surrounding us.

After splitting up in the Grove, we regrouped near the vans and decided what to do next. It took awhile though... no one really seemed to care at this point; I think because we were in a post-awe stage and beginning to feel the weight of the day on no sleep. We definitely needed a source of energy: food.
Piling into the vans once again, we headed for pizza, passing the Palmyra temple on the way.

After refueling with food, we explored the nearby shops a little and then packed it up for the final time, heading home. My only regret was not stopping on the ride home to take pictures. I could have pulled over, but everyone was asleep. Like that's any excuse? Anyway, driving down the 15 on the way home, through Pennsylvania, there were sooooo many beautiful opportunities for photos. The side of the freeway was just trees of every fall color imaginable and little lakes. Oof! I really should have stopped and "smelled the roses" just a little more.





1 comments:
Oh my gosh Mae...the pics were breathtaking. I so want to go there! I miss fall beauty. Wow. Seriously, I totally downloaded some pics and put them in my desktop wallpaper folder I have of favorite backrounds :) Miss you.
Post a Comment